In today’s ever-changing online marketing field, you have to keep abreast of the updates and techniques that keep you ahead of your competitors. Content is still one of the main factors that affect rankings, but you need to align it with search engine optimization.
An expert on organic SEO services cites the following techniques that align these two strategies.
The success of a content and SEO campaign flows from authority. If search engines rank your page highly and if visitors deem your site authoritative, you will get the traffic and conversion you need. Begin a strategy by determining what “authority” is.
Identifying the right metrics is not a silver bullet, but it can act as a guiding light that shows the way. Here are some quantifiable numbers that may help you:
- The number of backlinks
- Ranking of search terms
- Organic traffic
- Total social media followers on various platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Content produced such as videos, articles and photos
- Number of times when updating websites and posts
- Type of content shared
These quantifiable metrics provide you with a glimpse of what you need to do to align both SEO and content creation.
Create Off-site Assets
Online marketing isn’t just about what you do on your pages, but what you do outside of it as well. You’ll need to create off-site assets that act as backlinks and develop authority around your brand. Some examples of this are:
- Videos that tell your audience who you are and what you do. Diversify by creating ones that are topic-based. Create how-tos, information about a subject your target market shows interest in and other similar approaches.
- Guest posts are another way to boost authority and gain backlinks. Find blogs in your industry that are relevant to your niche. Partner with them and provide a mutually beneficial campaign that shares content.
- Images and infographics also help showcase your brand and display your authority.
Ask the Right Questions
To find answers and solutions, you must ask the right questions first. These are some to consider:
- Who will read and share your content?
- Does this content relate to the objectives of your business?
- What is your conversion goal? Is it to purchase or sign up for a newsletter?
- Does this page load fast enough?
- Are you using headers and title appropriately?
- Have you used external and internal links?
These are just some of the questions to consider to focus and align your approach for content and SEO.
Analyze the Competition
Understanding your business is just as important as knowing your competitors. Analyze their pages and assets to determine the strategies that work for them. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel, improving it is the way to go. Find the search terms that work for them and the platforms they use to distribute their content. Determine if these are applicable to your business objectives.
Aligning your SEO and content strategies allow you to broaden your reach, convert at a higher rate and keep your audience interested. Implement the techniques shown above and see the results.